So here’s the sequel post to my long weekend in San Francisco. I just want to share the obligatory tourist photos and maybe share a few comments.
My brain is currently is on overloaded from having to be back at work on this Monday….so this is mostly for your visual pleasure. Enjoy!
Alcatraz: Prison Life
Suggestions for Alcatraz:
- Take the earliest ferry there. You can beat the crowd just by going 1 hour earlier. TRUST ME, it gets crowded. There’s a night tour too though…..if you’re into that kind of creepy, look over your shoulder, ghost from Alcatraz past atmosphere.
- Buy your tickets online ahead of time!! On the day of they tend to be all sold out of tickets.
Pier 39: Tourist Overload
Suggestions for Pier 39:
- If you have time & nothing else planned…..then go for it!! To be honest I was starving and needed some clam chowder, STAT. Pier 39 was a very short walk from where our Alcatraz ferry was docked, so I went for it.
- A very “touristy” area….a little too much even for me . Shops are just filled with knick-knacks, the unavoidable San Francisco themed shot glasses, San Francisco themed mugs, San Francisco themed t-shirts……..you get my drift.
- Best part was seeing those sea lions getting their “tan on”.
China Town: Ni Hao!
Suggestions for China Town
- Even if you don’t buy anything here…..walk around and take a look at all the food markets and stores. Very interesting herbs, fruits, and veggies that I’ve never seen before.
- Eat something while you are there. You will regret it if you don’t.
Wow……so this was a longer post than expected! The final part of my San Francisco adventures will be posted soon.