If you’re visiting San Francisco for quick trip or just passing through, I hope some of the following tips & reviews can help you plan your travel. If you have any questions, let me know & I will try to answer to the best of my ability!
Tips for Japan Town:
- Visit Japan town. It would take maybe a half day to see the area; it’s quite small! I loved being able to walk around and see the small sights and shops in such a short amount of time.
- There is a great theatre located in Japantown. They have a special balcony section for 21 and up only. You can order drinks, have food, sit back and just enjoy the movie! I highly reccomend this! Plus the ticket prices (when I went anyways) were the same as your typical theatre.
Tips for Alcatraz:
- Take the earliest ferry there. You can beat the crowd just by going 1 hour earlier. TRUST ME, it gets crowded. There’s a night tour too though…..if you’re into that kind of creepy, look over your shoulder, ghost from Alcatraz past atmosphere.
- Buy your tickets online ahead of time!! On the day of they tend to be all sold out of tickets. Here is a link directly from the Alcatraz website that shows you where you can buy tickets. https://www.nps.gov/alca/planyourvisit/fees.htm
- You’ll be given headsets that give you a narrated tour of the entire place. I suggest at one point to take those headphones off, pause yourself, and just listen to the eerie silence around you. It definitely adds to the experience of being in a former prison.
Tips for China Town:
- Even if you don’t buy anything here…..walk around and take a look at all the food markets and stores. Very interesting herbs, fruits, and veggies that I’ve never seen before.
- Eat something while you are there. You will regret it if you don’t
Tips for Haight & Ashbury:
- Even if shopping isn’t your thing, it’s just nice to take a walk down this eclectic street.
Tips for the Iconic San Francisco Bridge:
- Be careful if you end up driving there yourself. The exit on the right hand side righ before the bridge can be easily missed. if you’re not paying attention you may end up driving across the bridge instead!! If you do drive across the bridge, the toll takes a picture of your license plate and you’ll end up getting a bill in the mail.
- There’s a parking lot there that’s “pay by the hour”, but it is quite small. if you get there early enough you’ll miss trying to fight for a parking space.
- Take a walk around. It’s an amazing sight to see.